March 11, 2014

REVIEW: CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara

Since my Max Factor mascara wasn't working out, I decided that I needed to do a lot of research before purchasing my next one. CoverGirl seems to have lots of positive reviews about their mascaras, so I decided to try the classic LashBlast but in a waterproof formula for my oily lids.



CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara

What drew me in was the packaging.


The bright orange tube is so funky and different from the usual black mascara tubes in the market. The handle is fat, so it doesn't slip from my fingers.


The wand itself has stiff, thick rubber bristles that promise to "max out each and every lash", but which I found was hard to maneuver in the inner corners of my eyes without getting errant mascara on my eyelid.


The formula is wet, which makes it a little messy to apply. It promises to give you "the ultimate big-lash look", but I've had promises broken before (I'm looking at you, Max Factor), so I was apprehensive. Luckily, this lived up to its promises.

The result was a thicker fringe with lots of volume. It doesn't lengthen, but it does a nice job of making my lashes appear full. As for pigmentation, it's not very black, which caused me to take off points for this.

Crappy phone shot doesn't really show the effect, though... :(
It's also long-wearing enough to last me through the day. I'm happy to report that with with one coat, the smudging is very minimal. With several coats, though, the smudging gets progressively worse, but I can overlook that since a single coat already works beautifully.

Price: PhP450.00 (Relatively cheap!)
Verdict: Thumbs up! I'll try more CG mascaras!

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...