November 27, 2011

Mixtape: I'll Be Yours

Are you, like me, afraid of your feelings? Wish you could tell someone something without really telling them?  You can finally stop having awkward, emotional conversations. The answer lies in music.
Why articulate how you feel about someone when you can make them listen to songs and have them figure out what you can't say? It's fun, sweet, and you don't lose face!


Ideally, any mixtape I'd give would come with a lyric book and a handmade cover, but since cassette tapes are obsolete these days, I'm doing this digitally.
Here goes:



**********************
Mixtape:
I'll Be Yours

• The Cure - Mint Car
"The sun is up, I'm so happy I could scream and there's nowhere else in the world I'd rather be than here with you. It's perfect, it's all I ever wanted, I almost can't believe that it's for real."



• Best Coast - This Is Real
"I know that we were meant to be, coz all this time you've been chasing after me [...] I know that we'll fight in the middle of the night, come to me and we'll talk it out. We won't scream and we won't shout, because you love me and I know that this is real."


• Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am
"I love the way you say good morning/call me baby"



Ingrid Michaelson - You and I
"Don't you worry there, my honey. We might not have any money, but we've got our love to pay the bills [...] You might be a bit confused, and you might be a little bit bruised, but baby, how we spoon like no one else. So I will help you read those books if you will soothe my worried looks, and we will put the lonesome on the shelf."



• The Cure - Halo
"I never felt like this with anyone before. You only have to smile and I'm dizzy."




• Urbandub - Come
"Your eyes burn with passion and you hypnotize me."



• Urbandub - Cebuana
"Speak to me once more, your words are a comfort. Discovered again that love could come a second time."

My including this in a mixtape indicates how supremely awesome the recipient is for me to risk ruining one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands.

• Those Dancing Days - I'll Be Yours
"Capture me in your arms, wrap your soul around me. Never felt so free, please stay close to me."



Honorable mention: Tony Bennett's The Way You Look Tonight. It doesn't go with these tracks at all, but it holds dear memories.

**********************

(For someone who understands that I say pakyu affectionately.)

Photo source: http://weheartit.com/entry/6941516

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...