April 16, 2014

REVIEW: IN2IT Oil Control & Oil-Free face powder


The only pressed powder I have ever used is Maybelline Clear Smooth. It's affordable, but it's not great at oil control, and that's what I'm really looking for.

First off, can I say how hard it is to find a pressed powder that's not powder foundation? Nearly all of my Google searches led me to powder foundation reviews. Ugh. Powder foundie on top of a liquid foundie = cakey, masklike mess. No, thanks!

Anyway, let's take a look at this baby:

IN2IT Oil Control & Oil-Free face powder in 03_ Harvest



The packaging is adoooorable! The metallic pink is eye-catching, and it's a nice change from all the black makeup packaging out there.


The case is made out of plastic, but it feels very sturdy. Not very worried about breakage here. The compact comes with a foam sponge.


Upon opening the package, I was surprised at how little product there actually was in there. Damn me for not reading labels! I was really dismayed, but also thought, "If I don't like this product, at least it'll run out quickly."

There's a lot of fallout when using a brush, but when used with the sponge, the fallout is minimal. The powder is very fine and smooth, and isn't at all chalky. It goes on beautifully. I use this to retouch when my face greases up, and it never feels thick or cakey, even with two to three swipes.
Coverage is light to medium: it gives the slightest white cast, perhaps due to its SPF15 content. Also, it may be because the shade I went with (Harvest - the darkest one) is still light for my morena skintone. I hope IN2IT, an Asian company, would come out with shades better suited for Filipina skin tones.

As for its oil control properties, I'm sorry to say that it did not do much for my skin. Granted, my face is exceedingly oily, so this may not be much of a shock. If you have normal to combination skin, this powder may work for you. Unfortunately, my face is a greasetrap, so I ended up giving this away to our intern.

Price: PhP399, but I got this on sale at Landmark Trinoma for around PhP350.
Verdict: Recommended for people with normal skin who don't need to retouch quite as often. I have given my compact to our intern, who has normal skin, so it gives her the exact coverage she needs.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...