June 16, 2011

Goddamn, Alex DeLarge, goddamn

Disclaimer: this is not, repeat, not a movie review. This isn't even an intelligible piece of writing. This is simply an "Oh my god, I love A Clockwork Orange so much! I'm going to post lots of pictures so I can see Alex DeLarge anytime I want!" post.


I watched the film for the first time just a few days ago, watched it again tonight, and am planning to watch it yet again later this evening. So, yeah... I love it.

I knew right from the opening scene that I was going to like the film.



A Clockwork Orange is a 1971 film directed by Stanley Kubrick, based on the book by Anthony Burgess. Showing scenes of sex, rape, and "ultra-violence", the film is extremely graphic. Proof: this clip.

Trivia: Stanley Kubrick withdrew the film from distribution in the United Kingdom, because 1) he and his family were receiving death threats, and 2) crimes were committed that mimicked the film: a girl was raped by men who were singing Singin' in the Rain, and a sixteen-year-old boy wearing a black bowler hat, white overalls, and combat boots beat up a younger child.

There's some consensual sex here, too. Alex DeLarge is not all about da rape!

Even if this movie is always in "most disturbing movies" lists, for some reason, the scenes didn't really rattle me. I felt more shaken watching Hostel. It was unsettling, though, to see scenes of violence played to the sounds of classical music, which plays deLARGE (geddit? geddit?) part in this.


You know what else I found disturbing? The fact that I'm really, really, REALLY attracted to Alex DeLarge (and that I can't seem to say just "Alex").


Seriously, it seems that all I can think of is, "Goddamn, Alex DeLarge, goddamn."


It's funny how they never really showed his penis even though they showed plenty of breasts and vaginas. It's not fair. Seriously.


Thanks to this film, I have a new obsession!

  • Singin' in the Rain is stuck in my head.
  • I am totally aching to try milk plus (and will always remember this movie when I'm drinking my morning glass of milk).
  • Planning on buying a black bowler hat, a white polo shirt, black boots, and eyeball jewelry.
  • My future son will be named Alexander DeLarge (lols not really. Too fucked up, even for me).
  • Ebay has copies of the book, and I'm buying one as soon as I pay off my credit card bill for the month of June.


Droogs, both devotchkas and malchicks, I highly recommend you viddy this. It's real horrorshow.
(I wish we were learning Nadsat in school instead of Spanish.)

There's just no words to explain, really, how hard I fell in love with this.

Photo sources:
http://bellbottomblues.tumblr.com/post/6580451565
http://pantaponrose.tumblr.com/post/6583535473
http://sweetiefatale.tumblr.com/post/6475173079/this-is-a-really-big-enormous-awesome-fantastic
http://withnailandmaude.tumblr.com/post/6445167285
http://peppermintuniverse.tumblr.com/post/6403744963/top-favourite-films-a-clockwork-orange-1971
http://www.ugo.com/dvd/greatest-movie-ever-a-clockwork-orange?page=3

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...