April 13, 2011

I am a Full House fanatic!

I'm pretty sure no one's gonna read this, unless he/she watched this series, too.



If you watched Full House on GMA-7 in 2005 (Korean version dubbed in Tagalog) or 2009 (remake starring Heart Evangelista and Richard Gutierrez WTF), you'll know them as Jessie Han and Justin Lee. But if you watched the Korean version with subtitles, you'll know them as Han Ji-eun and Lee Young-jae.
Twenty-four hours ago, I finished watching Full House, my favorite Korean drama (and the only one I watched). It's been twenty-four hours but I'm still this sappy mixture of happy and sad—happy because after all the controversy, they ended up together, and sad because that's what every ending makes me.



L-R: Kang Hye-Won, who always wears something that shows off her bra;
Yoo Min-hyuk, who I loved at first but then started to hate because OMG can you not see Ji-eun's in love with Young-jae?!;
Lee Young-jae, who's too stubborn and emotionally stunted to express love;
and Han Ji-eun, who's sweet and naive and doesn't put up with Young-jae's temper.



Han Ji-eun (Song Hye-kyo) lives in a house called Full House, built by her father. She is an aspiring script writer at the beginning but later she becomes one. One day, her two best friends, for money reasons, trick her into believing she has won a free vacation, and while she is gone, they sell her house. On the plane, she meets Lee Young-jae (Rain), a famous actor. Through comedic events they get acquainted during her vacation, and when she returns, she discovers her house has been sold to him.
Though they don't get along with each other, as she is messy and he has a bad temper and likes cleanliness, they agree to live with each other. At first, Ji-eun works as his maid in order to buy her house back, but later, because of Young-jae's wish to make the love of his life, Kang Hye-won (Han Eun Jung) jealous, they get married. They set up a contract for the marriage to last six months. During that time, complications arise and Ji-Eun and Young-Jae become attracted to each other. Also, Ji-Eun starts to feel a strong bond with Young-jae's family. However, Young-jae's bad temper, along with the romantic attentions of Yoo Min-hyuk (Kim Sung Soo), Ji-eun's handsome and friendly publisher, starts to create a rift between the couple. So does Hye-Won, who starts to feel jealous when she sees Young-Jae and Ji-eun getting close. Eventually, Young-jae and Ji-eun get a divorce and he moves away.
When he returns, he realizes that Ji-eun hasn't married yet and knows that he has fallen in love with her - and she with him. He proposes to her, this time for the right reasons, and finally, they get married for a second time.
I just edited the synopsis from Wikipedia, lels. 



If I recall correctly, the Three-Bears song goes like this:
"There are three bears in a house,
Papa Bear, Mama Bear, Baby Bear
Papa Bear is very fat
Mama Bear is so skinny
Baby Bear is too cute
*shrug shrug*
That's all!"

At the beginning of the series, my heart went out to Ji-eun because Young-jae was horrible to her. He bossed her around, insulted her consistently, and stood her up several times. So it was a refreshing change of pace when, near the end of the show, the roles were switched, and the upper hand was Ji-eun's.



It was so frustrating, though, when Ji-eun continued seeing Min-hyuk even though she knew in her heart that she loved Young-jae.
More frustration: Young-jae is emotionally stunted and thus doesn't know how to love or protect Ji-eun. My heart broke when he decided that, to stop Ji-eun from hurting any more, he should move out.

So many flowers! This scene gave me teh kiligz~

I want to hate Hye-won, but I couldn't, because I see myself reflected in her neediness and clinginess. Seriously, every time she calls Young-jae to meet her somewhere because she's down, I'm reminded of how I text The Best Friend every time I feel blue. And I couldn't really blame her—he was by her side for so many years that I guess she forgot how it felt without him.

More to love about this series? The setting is beautiful. Breathtakingly so. Full House, which is a real house and not a set, is located at Incheon. Many fans of the series make a pilgrimage to this location. This isn't my dream house, but it's pretty damned close.


I love swings!



Everything about this show is adorable. I couldn't stop laughing and crying alternately.


You guys, you do not know how happy this photo makes me. There are no words to express how joyful I was to see them finally happy together OMG OMG I am spazzing out, see!!!

It's been twenty-four hours and I'm still humming the OST.





I'll be leaving you with this beautiful song. Even though I cannot understand a word of it, it still makes me a little teary-eyed.


P.S. I like drawing on skin, and if you think it's because of 500 Days of Summer, well, you're mistaken. Okay, you're not really mistaken, but my first love with arm drawings stemmed from Full House, when Ji-eun drew on Young-jae's finger a wedding ring when he apparently lost his. <3


Photo source: Google, lol. It's too time-consuming to post every single URL here. Just Google "full house korean"

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...