May 20, 2014

It's a metaphor


Some people think that they know me just because they know my birthday, or my middle name. Or maybe it's because we're together a lot, and that makes them assume that they know how I operate.

To me, it doesn't matter how often you meet, or what little things someone might know. For instance, you know things about me that I wouldn't trust to anyone else... but you have no idea what my middle name is.

That doesn't matter, because you know the big things, the important things. You know how I think and how I feel. Even when I don't say it, even when I don't want you to know, you know.

I trust you, but it's terrifying to think that I am vulnerable to someone. I'm uncomfortable with the feeling that you can predict my thoughts and emotions with pinpoint accuracy. Still, I guess that's why I like you so much: I don't have to spell everything out for you to understand what I'm going through. You just do.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...