Anyway, last weekend I whipped up a batch of Tuna Pesto Pasta for my mom and I. It's a very easy recipe—you just throw the ingredients into the pot—and if I can get my lazy ass to do it, I'm sure anyone can.
We got the recipe from Nonie, my mom's officemate. Thank you! :)
- 2 tbsps. margarine (I used the garlic-flavored kind)
- 1 small can of tuna (I prefer the non-spicy variety for this)
- 1 small pack evaporated milk
- A pack of all-purpose cream
- A pack of instant pesto powder
Step 1Heat the margarine. Margarine burns easily, so be careful.
Step 2Stir in the tuna (with the oil) and the evaporated milk. Simmer on low heat.
Step 3Add all-purpose cream.
Step 4Add the pesto, stirring thoroughly. Simmer until before the sauce begins to boil.
And there you have it! We served it with al dente spaghetti and garlic bread.
|Garlic bread AKA bread toasted with garlic margarine and sprinkled with toasted garlic bits|
Let me know if you have any ideas on how I could tweak this recipe!