March 22, 2014

REVIEW: Cinema Secrets Ultralucent Setting Powder


I keep reading that setting powder is very important for long-lasting make-up!! but I never really thought it would make much of a difference on my oily skin. Good thing I impulse-shopped one day and bought this awesome, awesome product!

I bought this on a whim mostly because at the Fisher Mall department store, Cinema Secrets had a secret freebie for purchases of a certain amount. I was excited because I thought, "OMG the freebie's also gonna be a cosmetics products!", but it turned out to be dental stuff like mouthwash. Meh. However, I am still so very glad that I bought this.

Cinema Secrets Ultralucent Setting Powder in Beige



The packaging is disappointing for this price. It's entirely plastic, including the screw-on lid, and it feels flimsy and breakable. Lightweight, yes, but for more than a thousand bucks, I sure would have appreciated a heftier jar.

Luckily, the crappy packaging houses an enormous amount of product. The tub is filled almost to the brim with powder. Seriously, you could use this every day and not run out for an estimated four months, maybe even longer. Unfortunately, the large amount of product also makes it hard not to make a mess when applying. *dramatic sigh* Well, you can't have everything.


The shade I got was Beige, which was a bit fair for my liking but was the closest match to my skin, according to the saleslady. Upon application, it feels powdery, like the skin hasn't absorbed it, and it leaves a very slight white cast. It takes a while to settle into the skin but doesn't feel heavy like other powders tend to do. It's very finely-milled and the texture is silky smooth. *thumbs.up.emoji*


The saleslady suggested that for oily skin, I should apply this before foundation. That weirded me out because why powder before foundation??? But it totally works. Now, my face routine is this powder, foundation, blush, and another dusting of this powder. This ensures that I am shine-free for several hours.

How does it hold up against my greaseball of a face? Amazingly well. Without this, I usually need to retouch every one to two hours. With this, though, I only oil up after five hours. Five hours, y'all. It's halfway to a miracle.

Hands down best impulse buy ever (second only to my copy of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake)! Now, if only they'd make it in a pressed powder form...

Price: PhP1352. Expensive, yes, but it's effective!
Verdict: So close to HG status. TRY IT AND WEEP, SISTERS.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...