March 20, 2016

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: a log of my breakdown



Last Thursday, I decided to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It was against my better judgment seeing that I was PMS-y and I knew for sure I would weep, but I went ahead because 1) I was due for a cathartic cry session, and 2) I never did anything that did not result in tears, so it was nothing new.

I messaged The Best Friend my many thoughts while watching the film. Here's a detailed look at my deep, disgusting feelings.

7:16PM
Ila-live tweet ko sa'yo yung panunuod ko ng Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind right now. 😘 Di ko alam kung buhat 'to ng PMS ko pero simula pa lang umiiyak na 'ko.

7:57PM
Even if they know they're gonna collapse into a crazy mess, they still push through.
And it's so tragic how people will commit the same mistakes over and over.

8:07PM
I used to think that I would never be the sort of person to erase the bad things in my life, that I could be the person to learn from the painful shit. But now I would like nothing more than an IRL Lacuna.
8:24PM
Tas ngayon ko lang naisip, yung mga memories na pinakita ni Joel ke Clem eh hindi niya ini-share nung sila pa.

8:37PM
Tapos alam ni Joel yung Oh my darling Clementine eh. Kinakanta yun ng nanay niya. Tas nung 2nd meeting nila ni Clem eh nalimutan na niya kasi pinabura niya na.

8:56PM
Holy shit manhid na 'ko kaiiyak hahaha

9:18PM
Tapos yung soundtrack nun eh "everybody's got to learn sometime". r u fckng kidding me hindi na 'ko titgil neto kakahagulgol dalawang oras na hirap na 'ko huminga pleaaaase

The result? I woke up with extremely puffy, crusty eyes. They remained swollen until the end of the day.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...