December 23, 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in 645 Red Revival

I like Maybelline products well enough. They're almost dirt-cheap and I haven't had any huge problems with anything I've bought from them. That's why I bought this lipstick on a whim.

Before this, I've never experimented with a bold lip. My go-to lippie was Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme in Chestnut, which was a relatively neutral red-brown, but I wanted something new and different. Boy, did I ever get it.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in 645 Red Revival

Price: PhP300-4001




The tube is square, which is nice because it doesn't roll around in my drawer. This, plus the interior's metal casing, makes it look modern.
It has a weird plastic/vanilla smell which some find distracting but which I find oddly addicting. (What can I say, I grew up sniffing whiteboard markers.)


645 Red Revival is a red with a slightly pink undertone. Despite what it looks like in the tube, it's not a true red, so it's easier to wear IMO. But it's still red enough to brighten up my face and help me achieve a pin-up girl-esque look.

The application's a little sloppy because I didn't have my lip liner & lip brush on hand. *shrug*

The color payoff on this is amazing. The pic shows what the color looks like after one coat. One coat and it's already a beautiful, solid application. It's even better with multiple coats. What I love doing is 2 coats on top of lip liner for a bright, bold lip that's as red as the blood I shall draw from my enemies.
The finish is not exactly matte, but satin. It's drying on the lips so I touch up with Baby Lips lip balm. But the wear time is around 4-5 hours, so it's a nice tradeoff.

Can I just say how much I am in love with this?! Even on my ugly days this makes me feel fab. THIS LIPSTICK MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I CAN CONQUER THE WORLD and if that's not what a good beauty product does then I don't know anything anymore.

So, nice job, Maybelline. An affordable, quality lipstick that I want to hoard in many, many shades. One thing, though: I wish they'd have more nude shades available in stores. Seriously, this is the Philippines. You'd think they'd have more nude shades to suit morena skintones, but all I see is goddamn light pink in every tube. But W/E; Red Revival redeems this oversight.







1 I throw away receipts so this is just the price range.



Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...