December 21, 2013

After four months, I return.

This blog has been left to rot in its own waste and I will not stand for it!!! Energy to write has suddenly sprung up and I wanted to give you an update on what's been going on in my life, so here we are.



Life

I'm learning how to love myself more by acknowledging that my flaws—physical and in character—make me human and make me me. When I'm feeling awful about myself, I try to think of all the good things about me and focus on those instead.

Example:

  • "My stomach is friggin' huge ew god no make it stop!" ---> "My legs are hawt."
  • "I am a horrible, sarcastic person and I do not deserve love." ---> "I am a horrible, sarcastic person and people love me in spite of that, so I will try my best to improve but know that when I make mistakes, I am still worthy of affection."
It's not easy, but damn, if I can't even learn how to live with myself, why bother living in the first place?

Work

Just as I was losing hope of getting a new job before the year ends, I got a call from a publishing house asking me to start as an HR Assistant - Recruitment. I'm still in the early, awkward adjustment period, so here's hoping everything goes smoothly.

Geekery

I haven't picked up a book or comic in so long. Andy lent me Chuck Palahniuk's Damned and I haven't even started. And it's all because of Malcolm in the Middle.


I loved this series when I was a kid and I love it even more now that I have all episodes on my computer. Every free 20-minute window of my life is spent watching MITM. I'm in the 7th season now and it hurts to know that it's so close to the ending, but at least we had our fun.

When I started watching, I wanted to make a list of all episodes that were awesome, but I'm (not) sorry to say that THEY WERE ALL AWESOME AND FUNNY and choosing the best would be torture.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
I guess that's it for now. I'll be back when my writing mojo strikes again. And remember: this blog may not always be active, but all my insane feelings are still recorded in the archives, so feel free to look at my past transgressions until I tell you about the latest one!

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...