January 26, 2014

Achievement Unlocked: Moved Out



I have always liked the idea of living off my own money. Sure, I loved that I got to keep my whole salary for myself, but now that I have a stable job, I knew it was time to see if I could make it without my mother paying all the bills. 


So I got an apartment that is literally next door from where I work. It's small, but it's clean and has a bathroom of its own. It's a bit expensive and it's on a noisy street, but I can manage. The window lets in lots of fresh air (I don't even need an electric fan these days), the toilet works, and the landlady is a nice person. If it had free Internet, it'd be perfect.

I do miss my house, though. I miss my mother's jokes and my pets and the constant Wi-fi (Internet withdrawal is a real thing.) Still, having my own place is a rewarding experience. It teaches me to budget wisely (living on PhP1,300 for 10 days really teaches you to stop impulse-shopping), to keep track of my bills, to find ways to amuse myself. It means I'm closer to work, which really reduces how tired I feel every day. I can put on my make-up with the reassurance that I'll arrive at the office fresh-faced. I can avoid the commuting crowd. I can have friends over more often. Really, the pros outweigh the cons.

This makes me so happy! I've been wanting this for so long, and now that it's here, all I can say is: HOUSEWARMING PARTY, YO!!!

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...