January 10, 2014

REVIEW: Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick in Deep Burgundy


It's a lip liner! It's a lipstick! No, it's a Giant Pen Stick!

I picked this up a few months ago while I was shopping for foundation. For around PhP1500, Max Factor sold this, a tube of 2000 Caloria mascara, and a bottle of Smooth Effects foundation. Wait for my subsequent posts for the other reviews :-)

Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick in Deep Burgundy


The entire thing is basically a fat traditional lip liner, meaning there's no twisting mechanism to get the product. Boo! I had to buy a sharpener separately. Tip: Before sharpening this, pop it in the fridge for a few hours to make it harder and make it less susceptible to be squashed in the sharpener.


The formula just glides on, which makes for smooth application. It's creamy and it doesn't dry out my lips even if I had it on all day. It feels like a balm, which is nice.

I got it in Deep Burgundy, a dark pink shade. It's lovely for a natural look.

It's a little sheer here, but it is more pigmented IRL.

It's meant to be a lip liner and lip color in one stick: line your lips and fill them out. It's actually great at that job. I never had any harsh lines unlike with a traditional liner. But it was one major flaw...

TOO. MUCH. GLITTER.
Yep. On my lips, it looks okay, but as the day wears on, I noticed that I have glitter on my mug, on my hands, on my handkerchief. It's so easily transferable I can hardly even touch my face without worrying that my hands will get a dose of sparkle. Just, NO.

If they make a version of this that is a little more transfer-proof and has zero glitter, I'll be more than happy to try it again!

Price: PhP525
Verdict: Too much glitter that transfers everywhere. Not for me.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...