- You need to have: a broken heart, shattered dreams, or an existential crisis. Preferably all of the above. Oh, and good running shoes.
- Play songs to get you pumped up and energized. The burst of endorphins will get you through the most difficult part: starting. You'll be buoyed by the feeling that you're getting healthy and taking control of your body, and in turn, your life.
- Choose a Spotify playlist with the songs that give you sad feelings. This gives you an incentive to keep running because you'll believe you can outrun your feelings.
- Fail to outrun your feelings. Keep trying anyway because the physical act of running distracts from the pure, shining ache of existing.
- Pat yourself on the back for trying. Go in desperate search of ice-cold water.
April 17, 2016
How to run with feelings
Categorized: I have a lot of feelings