March 28, 2011

Proposed Summer Adventure Plan

The thought of summer brings both excitement and dread. Excitement, because I can go out with friends: malling, drinking, whatever. Dread because summer also marks the end of allowance, and I have saved exactly zero pesos.

Peter Angelo and I were chatting when we got to the topic of summer. Since our summers have a tendency to go like the photo below,

500 Days of Summer reference!

he told me to come up with a Proposed Summer Adventure Plan, saying, "parang sa Phineas and Ferb" which I couldn't relate to since I don't watch that show.
Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, here is how we plan to spend our summer.



Archi-walk. Do you remember the 500 Days of Summer scene where Tom takes Summer on a walk around town and shows her the beauty in the buildings (all the while, The Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition was playing)? We'll do something similar: an archi-walk, even if we don't really know our way around Manila. We both are interested in architecture, and we both had tons of fun at our last commuting-slash-getting-lost adventure.
(Afterwards, I'll ask him to draw something on my arm. I have an unnatural fixation with that movie okay!!)

Taguig. I told him I wanted to go to Taguig for the humongous Fully Booked. He told me he wanted to see Bonifacio High Street because his professor told him it was the best example of a strip mall in the Philippines.
Also, a few weeks ago, I read about a cool/disturbing exhibit showcasing the human body. I've always been fascinated with dissection (I dream of being a surgeon) and would love this chance to learn about human anatomy.

Ronac Art Center in San Juan, Greenhills.Visiting this is in my to-do list. We'll get drool over expensive toys at Secret Fresh and get lost trying to get there. We should time our visit to coincide with an exhibit, though, to kill two birds with one stone. (Lols at me using that idiom)

Photo by Patricia Venci.


Finally, The Simpsons marathon at his place. Probably the only cheap thing on this list, haha. At the end of everything, the greatest thing is still to lay back with your best friend, watch your favorite TV shows, and chill out.

Not to say, of course, that I'll be spending the whole summer with him. I'll be going out with my high school friends, my old neighbors in Marikina, the YC Buddies, and Tumblr people (hi, Loves!). It's just that Besfran and I are very random and scatterbrained and we need a list to keep track of our plans. But really, this is just because he likes Phineas & Ferb. This is also motivation for him to study Calculus.

Note the number of exclamation points I used. It indicates my boundless enthusiasm. This summer shall be worth remembering!
How about you guys? Any plans for the summer? :)

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...