June 30, 2011

Birthday letter to an incredible woman

Hi, Mom! First off, let me say how you totally ruined how I planned to surprise you with this. Okay. I just needed to say that.

Anyway... Happy birthday! I know you think I write well, but to be honest, I'm having a hard time writing this. It's not that I couldn't write anything about you; it's that I find it hard to find the words to describe how truly amazing you are.





Smart and strong, you raised me to handle everything in life with good humor.
You're generous and kind, to the point that sometimes it exasperates me.
You're really hilarious. You routinely make me and everyone else in the family laugh with your quick wit, wild imagination, and over-the-top facial expressions. And I won't even go into detail about your New Year Magic Sing performances.


Most of all, you're amazing because you put up with me for eighteen years, and I know you will continue to do so. No matter how many times you say you want to send me off to live with Lolo and Lola, no matter how many times I go home at unacceptable hours, no matter how many stupid mistakes I make, you will be there for me (granted, you'll kick my ass first, but you'll forgive me eventually). I know that even if I get my entire body tattooed and pierced, at the end of the day, you'll still love me.

Don't ever change your loving nature.

I know I'm not the good daughter you deserve, and I may never be that for you, but all I can say is that I will try.
Happy birthday, and many more to come!

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...