April 13, 2014

REVIEW: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks


I live five minutes away from a mall that has a Revlon counter, so needless to say, every payday I hit 'em up just to browse. I bought these lippies on a whim because they were marked down, and boy, am I ever glad I impulse-shopped!

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks 

They come in 82 shades, so there's bound to be something for everyone. As for me, I was drawn by the deeper colors like their reds. Shocking. /sarc



Let's start with the packaging. Black and gold is truly a classic combination, and it makes these tubes look sophisticated. However, I do wish there was a bit of whimsy in the packaging, because make-up is fun!!! These look very typical to other makeup packaging. Yawn.



Up next, swatches! I bought Fire & IceWine with Everything, and Cherries in the Snow.

Left to right: Fire & Ice // Wine with Everything // Cherries in the Snow

Fire & Ice is a red with orange undertones. Unfortunately, I didn't get a shot of this on my lips; upon application, it looks a little more pink than red. Great for days when I want a more toned-down red lip.
I've noticed that this one is different from the other two because upon application, it looks a bit patchy and it clings to dry spots. You'll need to prime your lips well for this to work.

Wine with Everything is a beautiful brown-red shade. It's a casual-but-not-quite lipstick that can take you from work to dinner. It's sophisticated but not severe, classy but not boring. So much love for this color. I wear it almost daily for work.


However, it does not wear evenly, as it leaves a bright ring around my lip lines after a few hours. This might work best with a lip primer.

Cherries in the Snow is a bright magenta, the closest shade I have to a statement lipstick.


This is far too loud for work, but I love wearing it on dates or when I'm meeting friends at night.

All three lipsticks have excellent pigmentation. One swipe is enough to ensure great color payoff.
The Super Lustrous lipsticks have a creamy consistency which is easy to apply and control, though I still use a lip brush for maximum precision. The Creme finish gives a satiny shine to these colors, as opposed to frosted or glossy. All three colors of mine are in Creme, but Revlon also carries shades with Matte, Pearl, and Shine finishes.

My biggest gripe about this lipstick line is how they have average wear time of around 2-3 hours. Usually, that would be a dealbreaker for me, but the good attributes outweigh the bad, so I'm willing to overlook that.

Price: These usually retail for around PhP450 a tube, but they're marked down at PhP350. Relatively affordable, and for the quality, this is awesome!
Verdict: BUY ALL THE SHADES! (I wish I were kidding. I'm already planning what shade to purchase next.)

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...