April 12, 2014

First bunny-versary


Bunny and I celebrated our first anniversary last week. We didn't make a huge deal out of it: no presents, no grand gestures. Just a dinner at a nice restaurant, and we were set.



We had dinner at Sky Deck View Bar, an al fresco restaurant in The Bayleaf Hotel in Intramuros, Manila. The resto offers a beautiful 360-degree bird's eye view of the cityscape below, which I loved because city lights are like crack to me. Cases in point:




Your witness.

We ordered quesong puti fondue for appetizer, kare-kare, beef tenderloin, and chocolate wall for dessert. (Not posting food photos because of low lighting.) The food was absolutely delicious, as they should, since the bill totaled to PhP2700.

And for that price range, you'd think they could fix the spelling errors in their menu.

To be honest, it wasn't really a milestone for me. Sure, it's great that we've reached twelve months of togetherness, but I didn't feel the need to make a big stink out of it. I didn't want to pressure him into doing something like a romantic gesture just because it was our anniversary, and I didn't want the pressure of having to buy presents. That's not how we roll, brah.
We've been together for a year, and that's great and all, but we celebrate our love every day, in simple ways. That makes me happier than any expensive gift or outrageous gesture can.


Here's to our first year, and hopefully many more to come. 

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...