August 21, 2011

This is a crazy planets and I am a happy girls


I first knew of Lourd de Veyra when some friends told me about his TV5 segment, Word of the Lourd. I thought it was a pretty cool pun but didn't pay attention to it, until I watched an episode on Youtube. Then I was hooked, staying up until 3AM to watch those funny, informative, and delightfully sarcastic 3-minute clips. I also started reading his blog, This is a Crazy Planets, which I found equally hilarious and insightful.
When I found out there was going to be a book compilation of his best blog posts, I got excited and bought a copy immediately. Just imagine how ecstatic I was when I found out there was going to be a book signing on August 20!


The book signing was held in National Bookstore Trinoma. To my surprise, it was already quite full when I got there. Even Lourd himself said, "Akala ko mga sampu lang pupunta eh."



Here he is before the signing, reading out "Sa Ikaaayos ng Mundo, 'Wag Mag-Sando!"

The line was long, but I waited patiently to reach the table where Lourd was signing books. I attempted to take candid photos of him but my hand was shaking, I was so nervous! #fangirl

I think I need to be upgraded to #fantard, because I mentally recorded our conversation. Thankfully, I don't think I embarrassed myself.

L: Musta?
E: Okay naman. ...... Natuwa ako nung nalaman kong UST graduate ka.
L: Bakit naman?
E: Nakakatuwa kasi inisip ko eh nabibigyan mo kasi ako ng ibang perspectives. Wala lang, nakaka-proud maging UST-AB.
L: Si Piolo din naman UST-AB ah.
E: Eh! Ayoko dun! Sabi ko nga eh sana ikaw na lang yung nasa Quattromondial Statue.
L: Naks! *pokes my belly fat*
E: *trying hard not to pass out from holding back my squeals*

BEST. PHOTO. EVER.

I also bought one of his poetry books, Insectissimo!



You guys should totally get a copy of This is a Crazy Planets. For only P195, you'll laugh, nod your head in enthusiastic agreement, and gain new insight on life in the Philippines.

P.S. This is not a paid post lol I am just such a huge fan!!! Exclamation points!!!

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...