December 31, 2013

Ten things I learned in 2013

During the window between Christmas and New Year, I always freak out that another 12 months have gone by and I may not be at that place in my life where I'm supposed to. I'm going to turn this emotional overanalysis into a positive thing by instead listing...



1. I never thought I'd miss being a student, but I do. Earning your own money is nice but busting your hump day in, day out to do so is pretty tough.

2. I need to start being responsible with my money if I want to have a future as a functional adult.

3. Moving out is not as easily achievable as it seems.

4. Feminism is still relevant.

5. Pride is toxic to relationships. Use sparingly, if at all.

6. The right lipstick makes all the difference.

7. Graduating doesn't automatically mean you'll lose touch with your friends—but be prepared for that possibility.

8. There are clothes that cost less than 300 pesos but will make you feel like a million bucks.

9. Someone who is loving, sweet, caring, and funny is capable of being in a healthy, long-term relationship with me.

10. Life as an adult is disappointing. Hopefully in 2014, I'll work my way around that.

Do you have any 2013 life lessons to help me grow up, or do you feel as immature as I do? Comment away.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...