January 2, 2013

A missed opportunity

When I saw you last weekend, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I've waited so long to find you, I was starting to think that maybe you'd never show yourself to me. Thus, when you appeared, I didn't know what to do. I froze. You were already in my sight, but I quickly walked away.

Perhaps I've built up such an emotional scene in my head of when I'd encounter you, so when it finally happened in reality, I didn't know how to react. Now I'm left wondering if I really made the right decision in deciding to let you go, for I don't know when something like you would ever come along my way again. How long will you remain there, waiting for me to hold you in my arms? There will come a time when someone more deserving will arrive and take you away, and take better care of you, because...

...you're Batman: The Long Halloween. You're amazing and important and any comic fan would be glad to have you.


But I had to walk away, as I couldn't afford you. No matter how much it hurt, I had to let you go.
Right now, I have other plans with my money than to spend them on comics. I know that hurts, and I hope you don't think you're not important to me, because you are. I just really need to hold on to my Christmas cash at this point in time.

Hopefully, you understand, TLH. Maybe someday I'll be better prepared for this. Maybe our next encounter would end more happily.

Love always,
Ela

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...