July 27, 2013

Finally!

I am employed!



I've been itching to post this since I got a call about the job offer, but I didn't want to jinx it. Now, though, it's official, so I can celebrate and say I HAVE A JOB!


Jobhunting (and subsequently not getting hired) took my self-esteem and beat it to a pathetic pulp. I know it's unhealthy to base one's self-worth on their employment status, but dammit if I didn't feel like a useless mess when I was sitting around in the house for weeks.

Back then, I thought I'd never get hired for a job I like, but here I am with a job that I am currently enjoying so much that I literally have to be told to "go home already" by my workmates :-)
I've been on the job for less than a week and they've already given me so much to do. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the work, and I've made a few mistakes, but they were negligible enough not to merit me serious criticism :-)

My colleagues and my superior are super nice, friendly, and helpful at all turns. It makes workdays less difficult to get through. What I do find difficult, though, is the commute. I leave for the office early to beat the traffic, which means I arrive at the office an hour before the actual workday starts. Then, to get home, I have to walk for 5-15 minutes just to get to the transport bay, where I wait in line for 10-30 minutes to board an FX. It gets really tiring.

But being tired in exchange for feeling fulfilled in your work is a fair trade, don't you think? ;)

- Sidenote - 
This is how I told my best friend and my boyfriend that I have a job:
"I'm no longer a Worthless Unemployed Girl. I am now a Worthless Employed Girl! Yay!"

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...