August 20, 2013

Update: July/August, in categories

Music

Summer Camp's album Welcome to Condale is da bomb. Listen to Down and Summer Camp and tell me they're not catchy.

And this music video is my absolute favorite: I love the tension in Elizabeth's facial expression.

Books


I've been taking advantage of my lunch break to read. I've consumed a lot of Marvel sagas lately, specifically:

  • The Dark Phoenix Saga: A comics classic about Jean Grey slowly being consumed by the Phoenix force. Of course, we all know how it ends (JEAN GREY DIES) but it was still quite the page-turner.
  • Avengers Disassembled: A series of attacks on the Avengers causes a rift in the group. This is one of the crossovers that set the succeeding ones in motion, most notably House of M.
  • Avengers vs. X-Men: To quote Psylocke: "Why is it always about that damn bird?" The Avengers and the X-Men fight over custody of Hope Summers, the next perceived host of the Phoenix force.

I'm currently on a comics break, but HMU if you know any good reads.

Personal

Work has been fun, but damn, it's also a lot of pressure. Last week I started crying in the FX because I was so stressed over not meeting my targets. I need to work twice as hard from now on because more tasks will be added to my workload. 
I'm also a little sad because none of my friends work near Ortigas. I miss them so much.
On the upside, nothing beats the feeling of getting an ATM account from where I can withdraw my own money. I am a working, functioning adult, goshdarnit!

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...