February 27, 2014

REVIEW: Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Volume Mascara


This product was part of the promo that Max Factor had last year. For around PhP1500, you get a lip pencil, a foundation, and this mascara along with an MF pouch. Of all those products, the only one I liked is the goshdarn pouch. Seriously.

This post is the last of my Max Factor hit list, as I am no longer planning on buying another MF product again (except for a lipstick.)

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Volume Mascara in Rich Black

As with all MF products, the packaging is classy and sophisticated: a black tube with thin, metallic blue writing. It's nice that they included a PAO date on the label, too.



The wand is nothing out of the ordinary. Just another mascara wand in a sea of products just like it.


In terms of performance, the effect is very natural. So natural, in fact, that it makes me wonder why I even bothered applying it in the first place! It gives my lashes a marginally thicker look but that's about it. I didn't see the point in wearing it if it doesn't give any significant effect.

Before: the one above
After: the one below
Difference: minimal

What's worse is that it smudges and flakes like crazy! My oily lids usually give me panda eyes when wearing eye make-up, but with this product, it's even worse. Not 3 hours of wear and already I look like I haven't gotten any sleep. Awful performance for a supposedly waterproof mascara.

All in all, this might be a good product for women with no oil control issues who are looking for an everyday mascara. I, on the other hand, would prefer something that really opens up my eyes if I bother applying mascara.

Price: PhP595.
Verdict: Obviously a thumbs-down. Never again, MF. Never again.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...