May 6, 2014

On bold lipstick


Hi, my name is Ela, and I'm a bold-lipstick addict.
Hi, Ela!

I am an absolute sucker for bold lips. Red lipstick is a particular weakness of mine, although I'm also into deeper shades like violet and hot pink.
I love 'em because they make a statement. They're so easy to pull off on lazy days when I feel like going minimal with everything else. It literally takes ten seconds to make me feel more polished.
Revlon Matte Balm in Shameless

Wearing Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Red Revival

I do realize that others have the opposite problem: they actively avoid loud lips. To them, you need confidence to pull off that look, and it is a bit scary to stray from relatively safe shades like pink.

What others consider "safe" shades, though, are actually what I'm scared to wear. Those pinks and nudes that look so dainty are intimidating to me! I'm afraid they'll wash me out or clash with my skin tone.

What made me take the plunge was Happy Skin's lippie box set that included a light pink called The Morning After (review coming soon). I wanted the set because aside from a bold red-orange, it also included Summer Crush, a medium pink that I didn't have in my current collection. So those two shades were really a challenge for me to wear.

Voila! I have taken the leap into lighter lip colors:

Summer Crush

The Morning After

And it is good. I love these colors so hard, I can't believe I was ever scared!

So what lesson could you, my lovely reader, take away from this? There is always something to be gained in trying something new! Like I always tell our intern, wala tayong mararating kung hindi tayo susubok ng bago. You'll never get anywhere if you don't try something new. :p

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...