December 21, 2011

I went ice skating! (sort of)

I've always dreamed of a white Christmas: snowball fights, snow angels, and all that. But in this tropical country, the closest I can get to ice is a skating rink.

I went to MOA with Peter Angelo yesterday to try my hand (feet?) at ice skating. Being a klutz, I didn't expect it to be easy, but damn, I didn't expect it to be this hard! I landed on my ass six times (yeah, I kept count) and on my last fall, landed on my left knee. As I'm typing this, I'm aching all over and nursing several bruises.


That confident smile hid the fact that I was so stiff when this photo was taken. I was moving so slowly that he had to hold my hand and drag me around the rink. It wasn't so much "skating" as it was "human sled ride". Amazingly, I lasted for around 2-3 hours before begging him to stop. #endurance
Don't get me wrong; I had lots of fun! My only regret is not having an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind photo taken.

"SNOW"!!!

Before we grabbed a bite, we stopped to look at the sunset... or what could have been a sunset had the clouds not obstructed the view.

©Peter Angelo photography, lol:


We wanted to ride the Ferris wheel, but we backed out when told that we would be riding with two other people. That's no fun.


Moar photos (©Ela Kaimo photography? HUHWHATLOLZ):


~*le Starbucks*~. I normally wouldn't spend money on this, but I had a gift certificate :p

Also, I finally introduced Peter Angelo to #23! ^_^
That day could not have gotten any better.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...