December 18, 2011

Some songs for the brokenhearted this Christmas

Can you believe that just last December I was curled up under a blanket, sobbing while listening to these songs on repeat? Now I'm happy with ~teh lovelyf~, thankyouverymuch, but I still empathize with the brokenhearted this Christmas. God knows how much it sucks to feel lonely and pathetic when everyone else seems so stoked for the holidays.
So in the spirit of grieving giving and with my belief in the healing power of music, I'm sharing my Christmas 2010 (I feel so miserable and alone) soundtrack:

Ingrid Michaelson - When the Leaves

"On Christmas evenings like this, I wonder if it’s me you’ll miss."
I don't know what it is with this girl and the holidays, but she has a lot of songs about being heartbroken during Christmastime.

Ingrid Michaelson - December Baby

"You have had your fill of me."Damn, it doesn't even need to be December for this song to bring tears to my eyes. Disgusting emotional confession of the day: I cried myself to sleep to this song in the last quarter of 2010.

Weezer - The Christmas Song

"You told me you would be here by my side
Warming my heart on this cold winter's night
Here I sit, waiting beside the tree, all by myself."

Fall Out Boy - Yule Shoot Your Eye Out

"Don't come home for Christmas
You're the last thing I wanna see underneath the tree
Merry Christmas, I could care less."
Feel free to scream/sing/sob along to this bitter song while ripping apart pictures of your ex-lover. It's extremely cathartic (not that I would know from experience, mehehe).

***

Hopefully, none of us would need these songs anytime soon!

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...