March 30, 2012

Kwentuhan lang

I'm reminded of a very small, select handful of people when I listen to this song. Those people are the ones who are, or have been, closest to my heart.

How often do you find someone who truly listens and thinks about what you have to say, instead of just waiting for their turn to speak? Or someone who can break down the walls you have so carefully built around yourself? Or someone who can make you lose all sense of time?




Getting to know someone and letting them get to know you is such a meaningful, intimate act that happens so gradually, in the littlest and simplest moments, that sometimes you forget how it even happened.

But I remember, and I remember clearly. Some of my fondest memories are the seemingly insignificant ones: talking on the phone, or over chat, or under a blanket until the first of the sun's rays break through the curtains. Boring it may seem to others, but to me, there is nothing like losing yourself in someone else.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...