July 12, 2014

You [will] complete me: what my make-up collection lacks


First off, big thanks to Laila from Townhouse Palette for letting me borrow her idea. Go check out her blog, it's so pretty and fun!

As a poor make-up lover, it pains me to admit that I only have one of all basic cosmetic types, e.g. one foundation, one concealer, etc. It's mostly due to money reasons—believe you me, if I were rich, I'd buy everything Bobbi Brown has to offer—but it's also because it feels wasteful to buy more of products I still have.


That said, my make-up routine gets pretty boring when using the same products over and over again every single day. That's why I need more of these:

♥ Blushes: I have sold my e.l.f. contouring blush and bronzer duo (#entrepreneurship), so I only have my Glam Works Lip and Cheek Tint to color my cheeks. Even though it performs fantastically well, I'm craving for different colors.
To try: e.l.f. Studio HD Blush in HeadlinerShowstopper and Encore, e.l.f. Studio Blush Palette in Dark.

♥ Bases: Currently, Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin is working out well for me, but 1) it's gotten too light for my current skintone, and 2) it has far too heavy coverage for casual days. Plus, the dispensing mechanism sucks—who wants the hassle of waiting for juuuust the right amount of product to magically drip out onto her foundation brush?
To try: For medium-full coverage, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup for a slightly dewier finish that still compares to the liquid version's oil control. For light-medium coverage, I need to research first, but a drugstore BB cream or tinted moisturizer will definitely do.

♥ Eye brushes: I only have e.l.f. Essential Defining Eye Brush. How sad is that?! One cannot create clean eyeshadow looks with just one brush! If I want to step up my eyeshadow game, I gotta get more eye brushes.
To try: Thanks to its affordability, e.l.f. is again my top pick for their Eye Crease Brush and Blending Eye Brush.

♥ Eyeshadows: My tita gave me a Clinique palette that includes two shimmery brown eyeshadows and a dusky pink blush. The colors are pigmented enough, but I really want to try matte eyeshadows because I have a bias against shimmery stuff on my face. Although if I have more eyeshadow brushes, I might be able to make those colors work for me...
To try: If I had the money, Urban Decay Naked Basics palette (of course!). For cheaper options, Wet N Wild and Revlon seem to have decent palettes as well.

♥ Eyeliner: When I find an eyeliner that doesn't smudge on me, I might as well have found the Golden Fleece. It's a rare moment, but when it comes, it's magic and fireworks. The K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner works beautifully when it comes to my upper eyelid, but it disappears on my lower eyelid/waterline! I want a smoldering, emo-ish eye, damn it, and I need an eyeliner that performs.
To try: The colorful eyeliners of Eye of Horus look really good and would be awesome for a fun look.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My birthday is in a month's time. Perhaps I could ask my mom for all these as a birthday gift... lol

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...