December 26, 2013

REVIEW: Revlon Haul Part 1 of 3: Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin

Earning my own money gave me the chance to indulge my previously dormant beauty wannabe-maven. I can finally get frequent manicures and buy make-up! Since then, I've been browsing Make-up Alley and watching Bobbi Brown videos like crazy.

Because I couldn't afford Bobbi Brown (sob), my desired alternative was a drugstore brand that's relatively cheap but still does the trick. I then turned to Revlon for my latest cosmetics purchases.


Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in 240 Medium Beige

I wanted to find my HG foundation because the Max Factor Smooth Effects I was currently using was awful (but that's for another post). I did some digging on the Internet and I found that Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin has excellent mattifying properties, so I wanted to try it out.


It comes in a heavy glass bottle, which makes me afraid that it'll break if it drops. The weight makes it less than ideal for travel.
What really irks me is how there is no dispensing mechanism for this. No pump, no squeeze mechanism, no applicator—there is absolutely nothing frickin' else to do but a) stick a goddamned finger in the jar (unhygienic), or b) pour the stuff out and pray to god it doesn't spill more than you need. Majorly annoying.



Coverage is medium-full, which evens my skintone out. Texture is a little heavy, so you need to use only a small amount of product to get good results.

I apply it after The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Lotion with SPF15. Now, here's where it gets a bit wonky. Sometimes, the foundation lasts all day looking fabulous, but other times my face resembles a grease trap after a few hours. I strongly suspect that I don't give my moisturizer enough time to be absorbed before applying foundie. Does anyone know how much time do I need to let the moisturizer sink in?


It's very matte, so upon application it gives me a rather masklike finish. But thanks to the Philippines' humid weather, I'm guaranteed to sweat buckets before even leaving the front door, so when I get to my destination my foundation looks quite natural.

Price: PhP825
Verdict: Awesome. Maybe not HG status, but for the price, it's pretty damn close!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


My next Revlon purchase would be their Nearly Naked pressed powder. Got any reviews from similarly oily-skinned people? :) Comment away, mofos.

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...