March 10, 2012

A Friday in Marikina

I've been busy with 9GAG schoolwork lately; it's been crazy, beating deadline after deadline. Yesterday, I took a much-needed breather with my mom.

We had lunch at Pan de Amerikana, this restaurant in Marikina with beautiful Spanish-style interiors. The entire place was wall-to-wall wood, including the tables and chairs.


The exterior.

There's a swing set!




Huge chess set! I wanted to go all Ron Weasley on this mofo: "Knight to H3" lol

You can play chess on the tables. I think you can rent/borrow a chess set from the management.

I haven't been here since I was a high school senior when we filmed a silent movie version of El Filibusterismo. To be perfectly honest, the only reason I still go back there is because of the interiors.

T-bone steak for Php170. Not bad.

* * * * *

After lunch, we went for a visit to our old house in Marikina, where our huge extended family lives. It's always noisy and chaotic there with all the dogs and cats and people, but I like it there, especially when I'm down in the dumps and need distraction.

My professor in Theories of Personality suggested hugging children, dogs, or cats when you're feeling blue. It worked like a charm; I mean, how can I stay sad when I'm playing with my adorable baby cousin Benson? :3



My mom and I are renting a house in San Mateo, Rizal but we originally lived with our family in Marikina. Even though I'd prefer not moving back, I have to admit that I missed this city's familiarity. Hopefully, in a couple of years, I'd be living in Marikina again (won't say anything more lest I jinx it).

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...