June 26, 2014

REVIEW: Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color haul, part 1


Shoutout to Instagram seller @theglamgirlshoppe, from whom I bought these lippies. :)

I try to only buy make-up when I'm out of something. Despite my cosmetics addiction, I only have one foundation, one concealer, one blush (not counting a lip and cheek tint), one eyebrow product... You get the picture. But when it comes to lipstick, what little self-control I have flips me the bird and stalks out of the room.



That's why I couldn't resist snapping up the deal from The Glam Girl Shoppe! She sells 3 for PhP500, which is a great deal considering that the mall price is ~PhP200. So I bought 6. Let's start with the lighter shades...

Rose-Bud

This shade is a baby pink that turns whitish on application.





This will work best for fair skin tones. It's far too light for me! It looked way darker on the swatches I've seen :(

Smokin' Hot Pink

A bright Barbie pink that's very similar to Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie in Summer Crush.



No, seriously, the shades are exactly the same. I plan on selling either one because I don't need two lipsticks of the exact same color. Look at the photos below and tell me they're different:


I applied a different lipstick to half of my lips. No difference, eh?

Skinny line is Happy Skin, fat line is WNW.

Spiked with Rum

Finally!!! The perfect MLBB shade for me! It's a warm, light pink that's excellent for that no-makeup look. I cannot love this color enough!





In general...
The packaging is made of lightweight plastic which feels flimsy in the hand. The lipsticks wiggle during application, making me afraid that they'll break off. Oh, and did I mention that the tube doesn't twist all the way down, making it insanely easy for me to chip the lipstick when I'm removing or putting back the cap? FIX THIS, WNW!

All WNW Megalast Lip Colors are rather drying, and tug on my lips during application. They dry to a semi-matte finish. They don't transfer easily, but staying power is only around 2-3 hours.

I'll be uploading part 2 of the haul, so stay tuned!

Price: 3 for PhP500.00 from The Glam Girl Shoppe (Instagram seller).
Verdict: 100% A+ would buy again!

Disqus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...